Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Job Title: Patent/Intellectual Property Counsel
- Interact with clients (R&D and Business Development) to counsel on intellectual property matters
- Prepare, file and prosecute patent applications in the field of biotechnology
- Initiate, manage and direct outside counsel prosecuting in-licensed patent portfolios
- Initiate and manage post issuance proceedings, such as post grant review and oppositions.
- Proactively solicit invention disclosures and counsel clients about IP strategy related to client's business
- Due diligence of IP related to internal projects and third party business opportunities
- Participate in the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of agreements covering intellectual property rights
- Conduct, direct and analyze patent searches and render opinions on validity, non-infringement and patent avoidance of third-party patents
- Review proposed research papers and other publications for patentable subject matter and impact on existing patent estate.
- Graduate degree (MS, PhD) in a biological science;
- Registered US Patent Attorney
- Member of at least one US State Bar
- 4-8 years of patent law experience
- A motivated self-starting person exhibiting initiative to contribute to the team in more ways than mere handling of assigned projects.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, and to communicate and interact with technical and non-technical people.
- Experience in handling biologics-related IP matters; protein and/or gene therapies
- Able to independently handle preparation and prosecution of patent applications.
- PhD in Biological Sciences
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE