The Broad Institute’s Genomics Platform strives to enable advances in biomedical research through the development and implementation of leading edge genomic technologies. The platform brings together over 20 years of experience in advanced genomic technologies, applications development, data management, and high-throughput processes relating to genome sequencing, sample handling, genotyping and gene expression (using technologies from Illumina, Life Technologies, Agilent, Affymetrix and others). Within the platform resides the expertise and organization to carry out major projects that could not be done within a single research laboratory, and work closely with Broad’s scientific programs and other collaborators to tackle critical questions in human biology and disease.
This is an exciting opportunity to oversee the project management function and the portfolio of projects within the Genomics Platform. You will establish optimal framework for interactions between investigators and the Genomics platform through excellence in project management. You will work as part of leadership team to set the direction of the platform to accomplish the mission of enabling Broad science through innovative, responsive and high quality genomics. You will provide mentorship and establish best practices for project management to ensure consistent communications and clear setting of expectations between all parties regarding platform and analytic deliverables. You will ensure that all projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines. Supervises and manages a team of project managers to ensure strong performance and accountability.
• Management / coaching of project management team (8-10 Project managers), aggregating demand, participating in capacity utilization planning and forecasting
• High level project management of key grants with an emphasis on the comprehensive scientific plans, anticipated obstacles and implementation strategy
• Manages and represents GP both externally and internally, interacting with users, attending program meetings, gathering feedback on the platform and efficacy of the Project Managers
• Participation in Genomics Platform leadership team - setting new directions, communicating new community needs, analysis of strategic issues for platform
- PhD or equivalent experience in life sciences with 10 years demonstrated success in project management and at least 5 years experience in people management.
- Proven leadership skills that can cross multiple functions of the organization.
- Proven ability in managing large multi-million dollar budgets.
- Supervisory and project management experience required.
- PMP preferred.
Experience with customer or client relations required. Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and with external contacts in a fast paced environment required; must be able to interact with an interdisciplinary group including data analysts, computer scientists and laboratory biologists. Must be able to use sound judgment to handle a variety of tasks and to shift priorities simultaneously, as well as to effectively solve problems.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE