Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
JCVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive benefits package.
The J. Craig Venter Institute (“JCVI”), a not-for-profit research institute dedicated to the advancement of the science of genomics is seeking an IT Security Engineer. The IT Security Engineer will be responsible for the security and integrity of the JCVI network infrastructure. The Engineer will also investigate and analyze traffic behavior and patterns, identify security vulnerabilities and compromised systems. The Engineer will assist in managing the network and telecommunication infrastructure. This position requires flexibility and the desire to work with new technologies in a dynamic environment. The IT Security Engineer needs to be familiar with administering VoIP, Video and Network infrastructures and have experience with Linux, Windows 7, Windows servers 2008 and Microsoft Active Directory. The Engineer needs to have a working knowledge of desktop and enterprise applications in order to provide recommendations for security issues. Advanced troubleshooting ability and experience in resolving complex network/security problems is required.
• Perform vulnerability scans
• Manage and administration of; F5 BIP-IP, Firewalls, VPN’s, IDS, IPS, DNS, and SMTP gateways
• Assist Network team with administering network routers, switches, VOIP infrastructure and video solutions.
• Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems and applications
• Remedy security violations and attempts to gain unauthorized access
• Support IT Security Analyst
• Identify virus infections and resolve
• Develop, implement, enforce and communicate security policies
• Perform product evaluation and make recommendations
• Assist Web team in managing web sites including web security, web server configuration, and front end web support
JCVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive benefits package. For more information and to apply to this position, please visit our website at https://careers.jcvi.org/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of experience in IT security; the ability to effectively interact with staff at all levels; plus strong technical understanding of the following:
• OSI model, networking, system architecture analysis, the ability to characterize and discuss findings at all layers of the OSI model from Physical Layer to Application Layer.
• Cisco routing, switching and security products and technologies.
• Unix, Linux, BSD
• PHP, Perl, scripting languages, HTML/CSS/JS, and Content Management Systems (specifically Drupal/WordPress/Typo3)
• Experience with web security including penetration testing, Apache security (e.g. best practices, ModSecurity), and configuration of Hobbit Monitor/Xymon
• F5 BigIP Load Balancers
• Familiarity with Infoblox, Cisco VoIP infrastructure, Tandberg MCU, and TMS, Cisco IDS, Cisco NAM, Cisco Wireless LAN Controller, and Splunk
• Experience performing vulnerability scans.
• Understand how to mitigate IT security attacks
• Knowledge of FISMA
To apply, visit the JCVI Career Center at: https://careers.jcvi.org/careers/
The J. Craig Venter Institute was formed in October 2006 through the merger of several affiliated and legacy organizationsThe Institute for Genomic Research (TIGR) and The Center for the Advancement of Genomics (TCAG), The J. Craig Venter Science Foundation, The Joint Technology Center, and the Institute for Biological Energy Alternatives (IBEA). Today all these organizations have become one large multidisciplinary genomic-focused organization. With more than 250 scientists and staff, more than 250,000 square feet of laboratory space, and locations in Rockville, Maryland and San Diego, California, the new JCVI is a world leader in genomic research.