The J. Craig Venter Institute (“JCVI”), a not-for-profit research institute dedicated to the advancement of the science of genomics is seeking an IT Security Engineer. The IT Security Engineer will be responsible for the security and integrity of the JCVI network infrastructure. The Engineer will also investigate and analyze traffic behavior and patterns, identify security vulnerabilities and compromised systems. The Engineer will assist in managing the network and telecommunication infrastructure. This position requires flexibility and the desire to work with new technologies in a dynamic environment. The IT Security Engineer needs to be familiar with administering VoIP, Video and Network infrastructures and have experience with Linux, Windows 7, Windows servers 2008 and Microsoft Active Directory. The Engineer needs to have a working knowledge of desktop and enterprise applications in order to provide recommendations for security issues. Advanced troubleshooting ability and experience in resolving complex network/security problems is required.
• Perform vulnerability scans
• Manage and administration of; F5 BIP-IP, Firewalls, VPN’s, IDS, IPS, DNS, and SMTP gateways
• Assist Network team with administering network routers, switches, VOIP infrastructure and video solutions.
• Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems and applications
• Remedy security violations and attempts to gain unauthorized access
• Support IT Security Analyst
• Identify virus infections and resolve
• Develop, implement, enforce and communicate security policies
• Perform product evaluation and make recommendations
• Assist Web team in managing web sites including web security, web server configuration, and front end web support
JCVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive benefits package. For more information and to apply to this position, please visit our website at https://careers.jcvi.org/careers/
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.