The Automation Engineer (Mechanical) is responsible for the design and development of high speed assembly automation equipment for volume production of diagnostic disposables. The successful candidate will be responsible for machine and tooling design. Candidate will be required to develop an understanding of current processes and production methods. Design and develop modular, flexible equipment systems to support those needs utilizing the newest and best technologies. Position also requires some process development.
- Design tooling, fixtures, and detail drawings using Solidworks
- Selection and specification of machine components such as motors, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, part feeding components
- Prototype fabrication and testing
- Process development
- Support transition of new equipment into high volume manufacturing environment
- Modify existing equipment to improve product quality, increase part throughout, decrease cost, and/ or strengthen safety measures.
- Author test protocols, reports & manufacturing documents related to new processes
- Creation of documentation ECO's, DCO's, work instructions, protocols and reports
- Ensure GMP, Quality Systems, and applicable regulatory requirements are met
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Sciences, or equivalent experience
- SolidWorks, Pro E, 3D design experience required
- Minimum 3 -5 years mechanical design experience
- Industrial assembly automation experience required
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting in a high-volume automated manufacturing environment required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a strong technical presence
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE