Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Full company benefits
Responsible for the development, implementation, trouble-shooting and transfer of diagnostic products to the clinical laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Develops ideas leading to new experimentation
• Performs complex searches of databanks, isolates pertinent information and presents results in team meetings
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of scientific literature pertinent to ongoing projects
• Assesses novel technologies for biomarker identification and/or diagnostic testing
• Develops and implements novel data analysis methods
• Conducts scientific studies to develop clinical assays leading to the marketability of clinical laboratory products
• Maintains pertinent knowledge of state-of-the-art scientific principles and theories related to the company's development projects
• Conducts transfer of R&D assays to Operations
• May serve as an informational consultant to internal departments
• May provide scientific guidance for technical staff engaged in assay development
• May participate in organizational project teams.
May supervise employees in the Research and Development department, either directly or via matrix management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a PhD with 0-2 years of experience or an MS degree 6+ years of experience or a BS with 10+ years of experience. Generally requires 0-2 years of managerial/leadership experience as well as experience directing projects independently or through subordinate staff. Experience in a pharmaceutical, diagnostics or biotech industry strongly preferred. Knowledge in protein chemistry, demonstrated analytical skills in protein and nucleic acids characterization using standard instrumentation and techniques, such as ELISA, HPLC, multiplexing and MSD. Experience working in GLP/GMP/FDA/CLIA regulated atmosphere strongly preferred. In addition to expertise in the above listed technical areas, candidates must possess leadership skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
Please send your resume to our Career Center on our website at www.prometheuslabs.com. Job #989
Prometheus Laboratories Inc. is committed to improving lives through the development and commercialization of novel pharmaceutical and diagnostic products that enable physicians to provide greater individualized patient care. Prometheus is a leader in applying the principles of personalized medicine to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases and is applying these principles to oncology. Its strategy includes the marketing and delivery of pharmaceutical products complemented by proprietary diagnostic testing services. By integrating therapeutics and diagnostics, Prometheus believes it can provide physicians with more targeted solutions to optimize care for their patients. Prometheus became part of Nestlé Health Science in July 2011. Prometheus’ corporate offices are located in San Diego, California. For more information about Prometheus, please visit www.prometheuslabs.com.
About Nestlé Health Science
Nestlé Health Science, a fully-owned subsidiary of Nestlé S.A., has been operational since January 1, 2011 and has worldwide headquarters in Lutry, Switzerland. Nestlé Health Science offers nutritional solutions for people with specific dietary needs related to illnesses, disease states or the special challenges of different life stages. For more information about Nestlé Health Science, please visit www.nestlehealthscience.com.