Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Responsible for developing novel strategies and techniques for the effective combination of heterogeneous data into algorithms or statistical analysis to support the development of proprietary multi-parameter diagnostic tests for complex diseases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Analyze data to support the functions of research
• Designs, evaluates and modifies computer programs for the solution of business problems to support research, development, engineering and production
• Analyzes existing systems and formulates logic for new systems.
• Devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharts, performs coding and tests/debugs programs
• Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs
• Determines input/output processes and may develop working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
• Contributes to decisions on policies, procedures, expansion strategies and product evaluations
• Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems
No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a BS degree with 4-7 years of relevant experience, or a MS degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience. Required bioinformatics knowledge includes: Experience with statistical programming software (preferably R), data visualization and SQL database interaction. Experience cleaning and organizing data sets prior to analysis. Multivariate regression modeling. Gene expression analysis (microarray, TaqMan, RNA-seq) and Next-generation sequencing analysis. Experience working with clinical data. Command-line UNIX/Linux, Windows OS experience, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Ability to identify and retrieve relevant molecular biological information from public databases (e.g., NCBI). Experience using machine learning classifier algorithms strongly desired.
Post directly to our website's Career Center - Job #998
Prometheus Laboratories Inc. is committed to improving lives through the development and commercialization of novel pharmaceutical and diagnostic products that enable physicians to provide greater individualized patient care. Prometheus is a leader in applying the principles of personalized medicine to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases and is applying these principles to oncology. Its strategy includes the marketing and delivery of pharmaceutical products complemented by proprietary diagnostic testing services. By integrating therapeutics and diagnostics, Prometheus believes it can provide physicians with more targeted solutions to optimize care for their patients. Prometheus became part of Nestlé Health Science in July 2011. Prometheus’ corporate offices are located in San Diego, California. For more information about Prometheus, please visit www.prometheuslabs.com.
About Nestlé Health Science
Nestlé Health Science, a fully-owned subsidiary of Nestlé S.A., has been operational since January 1, 2011 and has worldwide headquarters in Lutry, Switzerland. Nestlé Health Science offers nutritional solutions for people with specific dietary needs related to illnesses, disease states or the special challenges of different life stages. For more information about Nestlé Health Science, please visit www.nestlehealthscience.com.