Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Manager/Associate Director, Procurement will be responsible for partnering with functional leads to drive strategic sourcing and supply management. Responsibilities will include heavy support for clinical development and clinical contracts, lab supplies/consumables, and R&D technologies/services. The role will need to work closely with the functional business units to create collaborative sourcing strategies. This “hands-on” role is responsible for managing all activities within the procurement department including contract negotiations, supplier development, RFP process, inventory levels, cost reduction targets, internal auditing processes.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships including direct involvement with vendor negotiations.
- Lead contract and vendor negotiation strategies. Will be required to review clinical contracts and will be the lead on negotiations of new contracts and changes to contracts.
- Lead purchasing efforts. Identification and research of vendors, including researching potential vendors.
- Establish strategy for supplier needs.
- Analyze global sourcing market and develop strategy for sourcing commodities.
- Identify, evaluate, and provide cost savings opportunities
- Maintain, train and use Procurement system
- Manage the clinical vendor sourcing and execution strategies
- Assist in the qualification of suppliers and participate in supplier audits, as required )
- Evaluate industry trends to assure that suppliers are adopting technologies and processes that support those trends
- Ensure compliance with Company policies on expenditure authorization, purchase orders and contracts
- Education of employees on Procurement process and responsibilities
- Prepares written financial and administrative reports relating to Procurement
- Acts as the liaison between vendors and Company departments
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve Procurement, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree with 6-10 years of experience in procurement management or equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in the life sciences or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience reviewing contracts with CRO’s and other clinical trial-related contracts required.
- Experience supporting vendor contract negotiations and suppliers for Phase III required.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management, Certified Purchasing Manager, or Certified Professional
Purchasing Manager a plus.
- Successful candidate should have an understanding of pharmaceutical Clinical Development and R&D processes and familiarity with relevant supply chain practices.
- Candidate will need to have strong interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills. They should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and operational procurement
- Knowledge of managing supplier relationships, governance and risk principles, practices and procedures
- Strong management experience
- Proactive self-starter
- Familiarity with MAS500 and procurement software applications (eRequester) strongly preferred
- Procurement methods and procedures, including buying and contract negotiation.
- Accounting practices as applied to Procurement procedures
- Work cooperatively with other departments and vendor employees
- Interpret and make decisions in a dynamic, fast paced environment
To apply directly, please visit: www.ardeabio.com