Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Reporting to the CIO and to join our Senior IT Leadership team to provide strategic direction and leadership in operational management and process improvement across all areas of IT.
The Broad IT infrastructure comprises more than 2000 desktop systems, 1500 compute servers (both physical and virtual) , 50 database servers, and more than 10PB of network storage capacity. The infrastructure supports all aspects of the research and business of the Institute and it will be responsibility of this senior member of the IT team to provide day to day operational management of this infrastructure.
This position is responsible for providing desktop support, Windows and Mac administration, large-scale storage, database, data center and compute operations, continuous improvement of IT processes, system documentation, IT performance management, IT quality management and IT support planning. This position will have 3-5 direct reports and responsible for a total team of 15-20 persons, including contractors.
• Achieves IT operational objectives by:
o Maintaining current systems
o Evaluating, recommending, testing and installing new technology
o Contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
o Preparing and completing action plans
o Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
o Resolving problems
o Completing audits
o Identifying trends
o Determining system improvements
o Implementing change
• Determines IT operations service requirements by analyzing needs of users/departments, prioritizing modifications to core system applications, resolves organizational conflict, developing, implementing and documenting requirements for problem resolution.
• Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading IT processes
• Ensure alignment with strategic direction of IT department
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends in internal and external IT operations
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
• Works with IT and business stakeholders to define and implement service level agreement/contracts (SLA) and IT Operational Level Agreements (OLA) for managing IT performance.
• Serves as a member of the IT leadership team and works closely with peers in research computing, business systems, HRIS, administrative computing and network/security/data center operations
• Manages 3-5 individuals and mentors them in operational management and process improvement
- Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science, MIS, or a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience required. Masters degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in a technical role as well as a minimum of ten years in a leadership role.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including ITIL.
- Advanced skills in operation management, leadership, communication, influence and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and in a service-oriented manner
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and have willingness to rapidly ramp-up in a variety of technologies.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving capabilities and organizational and leadership abilities
- Understanding and experience (preferred) in process design and process improvement leveraging Six Sigma Methodology
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels
Broad will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE