Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Working in a collaborative, exciting and fast-paced environment, the successful candidate will assist Microbial Genomics teams in managing progress of genome sequencing and analysis projects for the Broad Institute Genome Sequencing and Analysis Program (GSAP) as well as support microbial genomics projects within the Institute’s Genome Sequencing Center for Infectious Diseases. This exceptional opportunity offers the chance to work at the forefront of genomics research and participate in creation of genomic resources that will advance the development of disease diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines.
The successful candidate will coordinate all aspects of microbial project tracking in close consultation with Project Scientists, team leaders and key internal and external project staff. Responsibilities will include helping to track grant deliverables, which includes managing real-time sample tracking from sample shipment through data delivery, managing timelines for completion of genome sequencing, assembly and annotation, and managing sample and data coordination between the production and analytic teams.
The candidate serves as a contact point between external investigators and platform staff and ensures that project aims are completed on time and within budget. The candidate will also work with program Research Scientists to anticipate needs of investigators and platform teams, including regular reporting on project status, delivery of results. Candidate will use organizational skills and knowledge of custom databases and reporting systems to execute and monitor projects within multiple organizations within the Broad.
- Ensures that project needs have been clearly identified at initiation; develops project plans and translates project needs into deliverables and timelines.
- Monitors sample inventory and reports status from receipt to data release
- Interacts with Program and Platform staff to ensure that projects are being conducted on time and on budget; works with project lead scientists to manage changes in timelines, deliverables and budget as needed to meet scientific goals of project.
- Works closely with the program Research Scientists and Platform staff to establish quality criteria, monitor quality of projects, and troubleshoot issues throughout production process.
- Assist with the submission of IRB documentation, material transfer agreements and data access agreements and other required documentation for the Microbial Genomics project portfolio.
- Produces project-based progress reports and other relevant materials as needed.
- Other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field, with at least 2 years relevant professional experience; training in genome sciences preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience coordinating or conducting projects in high throughput laboratory setting.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Experience with Excel required. Experience working with databases preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a team setting with an interdisciplinary group including biologists, data analysts, computer scientists and laboratory staff is essential. Experience working in a matrix organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating scientific information effectively required
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to shifting priorities
Broad will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE