RaNA Therapeutics is an energetic, rapidly growing early stage biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA founded by leading scientists from industry and Massachusetts General Hospital. RaNA’s mission is to discover and develop drugs to improve health for patients by modulating disease-associated epigenetic patterns, thereby restoring normal expression of individual targeted genes.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented computational biologist to join our Target Discovery and Mechanism group. Reporting to a Senior Scientist, this position will be responsible for using existing tools and developing novel solutions for the analysis of high-throughput sequencing and other datasets to support corporate goals and academic collaboration/publication efforts.
• The candidate must have a PhD in bioinformatics, computer science or a related area. A solid understanding and demonstrated achievements in applying bioinformatics principles to epigenetics and chromatin/ncRNA biology are strong pluses.
• Ability to analyze diverse types of data, including gene expression profiling, RIP-Seq and ChIP-Seq, from major platforms such as Illumina and Pacific Biosciences in an integrated manner.
• Experienced in data analysis tools such as Bioconductor, GenePattern, or equivalent.
• Solid understanding of quantitative and biostatistical principles. Experienced user of one of the statistical packages, ideally R.
• Experience with Python and/or Perl is preferred. Basic database (SQL) and software development training/experience are pluses.
• Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team in a matrix environment with 15-20 scientists. Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to generate high quality data analysis results under tight deadlines.
• Ability to interact well across the organization and with external collaborators.
Candidates must live in the Greater Boston area.
RaNA Therapeutics is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work for RaNA in the U.S. RaNA employee benefits package include health/dental insurance, retirement plan, and more.