Reporting directly to the Associate Director, Accounting, the SOX & Technical Accounting Manager is a key member of the finance compliance team. This position primarily oversees all SOX compliance and technical accounting, as well as, supporting the SEC reporting function. We are looking for a strong candidate who demonstrates a strong knowledge of US GAAP, ability to interpret and apply accounting standards, solid understanding of SOX rules and regulation and technical competence. Success in this position will require a strong attention to detail, problem solving and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel of a changing environment.
- Perform SOX materiality and scoping exercise, risk assessment and development of annual SOX plan.
- Own the Company's SOX documentation (narratives and risk control matrices), which includes drafting new controls and modifying existing controls to ensure documentation is current and in-line with policies.
- Perform segregation of duties analysis and complete various SOX related memos around fraud risk and use of third parties.
- Manage the quarterly internal control assessment and reporting process.
- Prepare the Summary of Control Deficiencies analysis.
- Ability to evaluate findings based on quantitative and qualitative factors and make remediation recommendations as necessary
- Monitor remediation efforts.
TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING RESPONSIBILITES
- Research and analyze accounting guidance; prepare technical accounting memos (including collaboration accounting).
- Prepare monthly collaboration accounting journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare and update accounting policies as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the drafting of the Company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q, Proxy and other SEC filings as needed, including financial statements, footnotes and MD&A.
- Prepare and maintain supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings, including the disclosure checklist and audit support binder.
- Assist with the maintenance of XBRL requirements, including block and detail footnote tagging.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business.
- CPA certification.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably a mix of public accounting and biotech industry.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience with integrated accounting systems (Great Plains or SAP) is a plus.
- Detail oriented and willingness to roll up sleeves.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE