Join the biotech company that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. Sequenom is on the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful execution of projects including all deliverables - technical, timeframe, and cost. They will lead a cross-functional, matrixed team, to ensure that assigned projects proceed on time, within budget, and to the company's satisfaction. This role requires close coordination with functional management in overseeing the performance of technical operations, sales and marketing, resource allocation, and quality and regulatory compliance. The Project Manager will also provide the Project Leader with timely project status information and serve as the key operational interface between the Project Leader and the project team.
• Develop and integrate operational cross-functional project plans, and work with the Project Leader, ensuring successful execution of those plans
• Ensure adequacy of project resources with Project Leader and Department Heads
• Prepare and maintain detailed project timelines
• Organize the project Core Team and conducting regular meetings
• Establish and monitor team member responsibilities
• Prepare, edit, and update project documentation (i.e. required deliverables, reports, agendas, minutes, tracking sheets, etc.)
• Resolve issues and conflicts within and outside of the project Core Team
• Along with the Project Leader, regularly report project status and issues to Senior Management and other stakeholders
• Maintain a motivated, high performance project team, and be a project champion and advocate
• Maintain the functional alignment of plans with project and corporate strategy