The Prostate Sales Director (PSD) position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the Prostate sales strategy and leadership across the U.S. This position will report directly to the Sr. VP of Commercial with a concentrated effort on exceeding all sales goals and corporate initiatives. The PSD will support the Sr. VP of Commercial in all facets of field sales activities with keen attention to our corporate vision and values of our organization.
- Build a high performance Prostate sales team from the ground up, providing effective hiring, mentoring/coaching as well as developing people in order to maximize demand and insure access to our products while staying within an approved budget. The PSD should display high expectations to gain commitment to high performance standards. This position will work very closely with the Sr. VP of Commercial, the Marketing Team, Commercial Operations, Managed Care/Reimbursement, Commercial Services and the Medical Team. The PSD sets effective goals, evaluates attainment of goals while adjusting strategies and makes contingencies as needed to obtain goals.
- Provide field sales input into cross functional teams and interdepartmental committees as required working towards decisions that meet the vision and goals of GHI.
- Maintain a strong business acumen & partner with key customers across the U.S. while proactively & effectively communicating with Sr. VP of Commercial additional prospective business opportunities.
- Establish, motivate & empower Prostate Sales Team to successfully execute on all business objectives. Lead by example both in prosperous and during challenging times.
Planning and Implementation
- Establish short and long term sales strategy and execution for Prostate product launch by providing clear direction and integration across multiple departments. Responsible for partnering with Sr. VP of Commercial, Marketing and Commercial Operations to set and achieve revenue and payment goals.
- Active participation and coordinated efforts with all departments supporting sales is critical. Assist with Prostate launch plan with a keen attention to meeting our product launch objectives from a corporate goal standpoint.
- The PSD will work closely with Sr. VP of Commercial to develop sales incentive plan recommendations & incentive programs that are innovative, motivational and budget neutral.
- Leveraging and uncovering key payer opportunities within the U.S. while encouraging collaborative teamwork between field sales and managed care departments. Explore ongoing opportunities with practice management groups and strategic accounts to drive sales and revenue. The PSD identifies ethical, innovative, customer oriented ideas in response to changing market forces while communicating proactively & effectively with Sr. VP of Commercial. Coordination between Marketing, Managed Care, IT, CS and other departments demonstrating to market segments value proposition that the GHI Prostate product provides is critical.
- The PSD will take on active roles and responsibilities as needed and communicated through Sr. VP of Commercial related to planning and implementation of Prostate sales meetings.
- Active participation with a coordinated approach while serving on key corporate initiatives, committees and projects, understanding & supporting the corporate needs of our organization.
- As part of the role of the PSD, under the recommendation of the Sr. VP of Commercial, will be asked to participate and/or lead special sub-teams dealing with topics critical to our success: strategy, managed care, contracting, pricing, business development, patient advocacy, competitive analysis, quality assurance, etc.
- The PSD strives to excel in hiring, training, counseling, coaching, developing and promoting members of his or her team. The PSD will manage performance through honesty, integrity and they are committed to the support and development of their team. They will support open communication and use managerial courage to communicate expectations. They will always look to consistently reward those that are doing the right things, offer avid support to those in need. They will also solicit feedback on their own performance on a regular basis to insure the highest quality of leadership through continuous learning. Proactively recognizing early warning signs and addressing immediately performance related issues is essential.
- Recognizing talent and identified and maintaining ongoing bench strength within our growing organization.
- Consistency of management of all people across each territory is important, seeking additional developmental opportunities for top performing sales reps. Consistent communication, alignment and teamwork within Prostate sales and cross functionally is critical.
Communication - External/Internal
- The PSD will strive to keep Sr. VP of Commercial aware of all key issues related to their area of responsibility. The PSD provides information critical to accomplishing the GHI mission to "all" parties involved in the Sales and Access of our products. The PSD will proactively communicate ongoing Prostate sales needs and will keep Sr. VP of Commercial current of all important business related issues that can potentially impact sales. Proper cascading and communication of information and messaging is critical throughout the sales organization.
- BA or BS required. Advanced degree a plus (MS, MBA, PhD, MD)
- Ten or more years of excelling in a sales management/leadership capacity in the Bio/Pharma, and/or Urology and Oncology market. Strong preference for candidates who have worked directly with key opinion leaders in prostate cancer in the U.S. and who have experience launching urology products in the U.S. market.
- In-depth understanding of systems that support and track sales and contract performance.
- In-depth understanding of operations to include customer service and reimbursement support.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- lead through Vision / Mission / Goals
- manage projects that require involvement of people in multiple departments.
- manage multiple, simultaneous complex tasks and meet deadlines.
- manage people - Hire, Train, Coach, Counsel and Promote.
- manage to a P and L bottom line
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills (writing and presentation skills: memos, letters, reports, presentations, data analyses).
- Proven analytic skills with scientific papers, market intelligence, and forecasting.
- Computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations.
- Managed Care experience a real plus- contracting experience, preferably on the major pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical/Lab or on the industry side of Heath Care.
- In-depth understanding of the sales process and sales training process.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional partnerships with executives in Research, Development, Commercial and Medical
- Willingness to travel extensively as needed
- Relevant experience in a tightly-controlled, CLIA/FDA regulatory environment
- High potential for advancement with established leadership skills
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Travel requirements: More than 25% travel
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE