Genomic Health, Inc. is seeking a Facilities Technician to perform tasks guided by established procedures and under the general direction of Facilities management. The Facilities Technician will assist with the day to day administration, maintenance and operation of a biotech facility. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the development of a first-class facility, while working within a fast-paced, energetic environment.
The Facilities Technician will assist in fulfilling service requests from employees, maintaining equipment, performing regular facility inspections and ensuring compliance in health, safety and environmental regulatory requirements. With direction this employee will perform light mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and electrical work. Success in this position requires a team player who can carry out multiple tasks in parallel. This job requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to accurately carry out precise instructions. Strong interpersonal skills are essential given the extensive contact this person will have with multiple internal staff, guests and visitors.
• Assist in performance and documentation of facility inspections. Close identified action items or communicate item to manager.
• Support Facilities staff in maintenance of building systems.
• Set up conference rooms or other event areas. Move furniture, supplies, lab benches and other items as requested.
• Provide support for daily building activities, which include but are not limited action items relating to HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
• Periodically clean and organize of common areas.
• Respond to employee service requests in a timely manner and document the actions that were taken by updating computer records.
• Remove medical and hazardous waste from laboratories and transport and store in waste accumulation area.
• Provide response to facilities-related emergencies.
• Use electronic systems to track and document work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum qualifications include a high school diploma and one to three years of work experience. Demonstrated teamwork and proven ability to quickly learn new tasks is required. Basic handiwork and technical skills are required, experience with light mechanical, electrical and/or carpentry is desired. Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook) is strongly desired.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Ability to use a ladder is required
This position supports multiple buildings, extensive walking is required
- Current driver's license required with clean driving record
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) is necessary; Facilities employees occasionally must lift 50-75 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and equipment with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements
- Ability to work odd hours when necessary and openness to working a flexible work schedule is desired
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE