Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Assists with the transfer of new and existing assays from Research & Development to Lab Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists in the development of products for eventual transfer to manufacturing and finally into Lab Operations. Includes:
o Optimizing processes and procedures.
o Defining and confirming product performance characteristics.
o Ensuring robustness of manufacturing procedures.
o Establishing product stability claims.
o Maintaining reference panels and specimen banks.
• Assist in the development and implementation of laboratory automation process.
• Support the technical trouble shooting for lab operations.
• May be responsible for trending and tracking quality metrics.
• Assists in process verification and validation studies.
• Assists in developing scalable processes with improved product yield and reduced costs for manufacturing.
• May assist with the validation and maintenance of production equipment.
• May assist in writing laboratory documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and departmental forms.
• Required to follow all appropriate safety procedures, policies and precautions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a Bachelor with 2-5 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 0-2 years experience, preferably in a diagnostic product environment. Familiarity with manufacturing processes. Experience working in a high complexity CLIA/CAP environment preferred. Knowledge of GLP/GMP/FDA guidelines required. Experience with immunoassays, molecular diagnostics, and laboratory automation strongly preferred.
Please apply to our website's Career Center at www.prometheuslabs.com job # 929
Prometheus Laboratories Inc. is committed to improving lives through the development and commercialization of novel pharmaceutical and diagnostic products that enable physicians to provide greater individualized patient care. Prometheus is a leader in applying the principles of personalized medicine to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases and is applying these principles to oncology. Its strategy includes the marketing and delivery of pharmaceutical products complemented by proprietary diagnostic testing services. By integrating therapeutics and diagnostics, Prometheus believes it can provide physicians with more targeted solutions to optimize care for their patients. Prometheus became part of Nestlé Health Science in July 2011. Prometheus’ corporate offices are located in San Diego, California. For more information about Prometheus, please visit www.prometheuslabs.com.
About Nestlé Health Science
Nestlé Health Science, a fully-owned subsidiary of Nestlé S.A., has been operational since January 1, 2011 and has worldwide headquarters in Lutry, Switzerland. Nestlé Health Science offers nutritional solutions for people with specific dietary needs related to illnesses, disease states or the special challenges of different life stages. For more information about Nestlé Health Science, please visit www.nestlehealthscience.com.