Layer, Chiang, et al. Genome Biology
Health, Dental, Vacation, Sick, Flexible Schedule
Golden Helix is a leader in genetic research software tools and services. We’re known for helping researchers overcome the obstacles that keep them from making novel discoveries and significant publications. Our business is growing, creating the need to expand our team.
We are looking for an outgoing people-person who likes to talk to others, loves science and math, and has a knack for demonstrating technical and complex information. If you’re the perfect mix of technical super-smarts and gregariousness and want to work at a company where you’ll have a major impact, this could be the right career for you.
As a member of our sales and marketing team, you will work strategically as a team with our Account Managers as a pre- and post-sale technical resource. Using a solutions-oriented approach, you will engage in scientific discussions with customers, cultivate relationships and leverage scientific knowledge to identify and understand customer problems, and provide solutions that utilize Golden Helix’s technology.
You will also have the opportunity to develop training and marketing materials, including videos, tutorials and webinars. Serving as a company representative at industry events, you will get to travel to various tradeshows or on-site trainings and meet customers face-to-face. You will also work closely with your colleagues in Product Development to assist with coordinating beta programs and gathering customer feedback for new products.
• Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, with Masters or PhD preferred, in Statistics or Biostatistics, Genetics, Epidemiology or related field. We will accept 3 years experience in a similar position presenting software solutions into scientific research organizations and/or academia in lieu of graduate education.
• Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude, and solid work ethic.
• Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills (must read, write and speak fluent English).
• Excellent interpersonal and listening skills – must enjoy talking with people on the phone and in person.
• Occasional overnight travel.
• Must love nerds. Or better yet, be one!
Founded in 1998 in Bozeman, Montana, Golden Helix is a leading bioinformatics company that enables the world’s leading researchers to find or diagnose the genetic causes of disease, drug safety, and drug efficacy – advancing the promises of personalized medicine. Using Golden Helix’ genetic analysis software and analytic services, these researchers are able to make sense of complex, expensive genetic data, turning it into novel, actionable findings.