The Quality Control Engineer position is located at our Cleveland Reagents
center. As a valuable member of our Quality Control Team, the successful
applicant will have prior laboratory experience with molecular biology,
biochemistry or microarrays.
This employee will be responsible for the following:
* Perform laboratory functions that support the release of products to ensure
that quality standards and customer requirements are met.
* Accurately and efficiently perform and document testing on raw materials, kits
and reagents to determine product quality and approve it for sale.
* Maintain and update technical files and product specifications to provide an
informational resource which is current.
* Perform and document lab maintenance duties to ensure a quality and safe
* Perform and document methods development and equipment evaluations to improve
* Work as a team member with internal departments to efficiently release
product, resolve problems and support sales. Flexibly adapt to changing demands
to satisfy external and internal customer needs.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Life Science.
* 1-5 years of applicable lab experience.
* Advanced knowledge of molecular biology and/or biochemistry acquired through
college level courses and previous laboratory research experience.
* Exposure to principles of Quality Control/Quality Assurance.
Affymetrix (AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving
the genomic revolution. Affymetrix technology is used by the world's top
pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading
academic, government, and nonprofit research institutes. The vision, innovation,
and devotion of Affymetrix employees help us empower scientists around the world
to alleviate human suffering. It is not just the sheer power of our technology
that inspires us; it is the potential for it to help people.
Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. We are
an employer committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our
employees and offer our employees a comprehensive, competitive program of
benefits and a corporate culture based on core values of daring, passionate and
***Affymetrix is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based on race, gender, veteran status, disability or other
protected status. Our commitment to a diverse workforce is demonstrated through
all aspects of our hiring and employment practices. ***