Help ensure the effective operation of the over 1700 Linux servers (both physical and virtual) directly supporting research activities at the Broad. These comprise several large HPC clusters and a number of database and application servers. Troubleshoot hardware issues and ensure timely resolution, enlisting vendor hardware support as required. Participate in the physical installation and provisioning of new server hardware, including initial OS setup and configuration. Respond to reports of server outages. Maintain documentation of server configuration and status of open hardware service issues. Develop server configuration management and provisioning techniques. Assist in performance evaluation and tuning.
• Monitor systems for normal operation and performance.
• Assist in the installation, provisioning and deployment of new computing hardware and associated software
• Ensure timely software updates
• Investigate server hardware issues and coordinate resolution with vendor service technicians.
• Investigate server software issues and resolve configuration issues.
• Document administrative procedures and issue resolutions
• Perform off-hours work as required to accommodate production requirements or respond to high-priority service requests
• Other tasks as required
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical discipline with basic knowledge of IT computing systems
• 2-5 years of related experience (SAGE level II ). This is a junior level position with opportunity for growth.
• Experience managing Linux systems for a diverse user base.
• Good communication skills
• Familiarity with Linux clusters and resource management software (e.g., LSF, SGE, PBS)desireable
Broad will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE