Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The CPGR (Centre for Proteomic and Genomic Research, www.cpgr.org.za), in Cape Town, South Africa, has two exciting post: a biostatistician to join the NIH funded H3ABioNet (H3 Africa Bioinformatics Network; www.h3africa.org). In this role you will collaborate with a network of scientists from 20 African countries who have expertise in the fields of bioinformatics, genetics, biology, IT and statistics. You will be working on very large human genomic data sets from diverse projects.
• PhD or MSc in bioinformatics or closely related field.
• Experience in developing in the Linux environment.
• SQL database experience including DB design (MySQL or PostgreSQL).
• Web development experience (PHP, Python or Java).
• Scripting experience (Python or shell scripts).
• Familiarity with web development frameworks.
• Familiarity with object oriented and other data modeling approaches.
For additional information, please contact Dr. Judit Kumuthini by email: Judit.firstname.lastname@example.org. Both appointments will be for 1 year, renewable based on performance, with a competitive industry-scale salary commensurate with experience in the range of 42,000 to 50,000 USD p.a. (total cost to company)).
To apply, please send your full CV, a cover letter of motivation which includes your interests and full postal/email addresses and contact numbers of 3 references to email@example.com by 25th of September 2012.