Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Investigate novel technical procedures and devices in order to meet Microbial Special Projects lab needs. Serve as primary technical lead and information resource for team members. Independently design and conduct investigation into alternative technologies in accordance with team goals. May supervise exempt staff members.
- Work with Program Scientists team management and staff to identify process development needs and to plan and prepare written goals and strategies. Design key technology development initiatives that support goals.
- Implement changes in technology for RNA seq and viral research. Establish goals and timelines for project delivery to users.
- Design and conduct experiments that support specific team objectives. Compile and analyze experimental data, and adjust experiment design as necessary. Gather experimental data and reports data to senior team members.
- Coordinate with vendors to investigate novel equipment and reagents. Advise vendors on how to customize product design to meet user requirements, and investigate new supplies and equipment to ensure lab resources will support new technologies.
- Reads relevant scientific literature to maintain and improve technical knowledge base.
- Assist with adjustments to new procedures and technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned including production of bacterial RNAseq and viral sequencing libraries.
- Supervise Process Technicians, Process Development Specialists, and/or Process Development Associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, biochemistry, or other science related field.
- At least six years of experience or Master’s with at least three years of laboratory experience
- Expertise in current molecular biology techniques, including DNA sequencing and laboratory automation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of computers and sequencing databases
- Solid experience with automation in a high throughput environment
- Some supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate with an interdisciplinary group of engineers and biologists
Broad will not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE