You will be relied upon as an expert with in-depth technical knowledge of all aspects of Cepheid products. In this position, you will design and validate, system level solutions and test methods involving instruments, consumables, software and assay protocols.
You will facilitate complex problem solving, enhance collaboration across functional groups, and support development efforts, both for current hardware and assay product initiatives and for improvement of existing products. In supporting development efforts, you will be responsible for ensuring that concept studies and feasibility work have adequately addressed and resolved risks related to system performance.
The Sr. SI Engineer is a master of conceiving of a way to accomplish the system design intent and then reduce it to practice by devising and conducting practical experiments.
The Senior SI engineer will perform experiments to test design theories, validate techniques and make design decisions.
You will identify and address issues that would affect the ability of the development organization to proceed towards a successful product launch. The successful candidate will be able to multi-task at a high level across diverse product platforms and systems. This position entails rigorous process discipline and documentation practices as well as excellent cross-functional communication skills to assure functionality, safety, reliability and quality of the product.
• Perform lab experiments to test and validate new concepts methods and designs
• Integration of new diagnostic hardware and consumables designs
• Design and testing of bench level experiments in order to prove technical feasiblity
• Hands-on laboratory work building and testing prototype hardware and new consumables designs
• Design, validation, and execution of test methods to investigate system-level issues and improvements
• Experimental design and data analysis
• Failure Analysis
• Characterization of new products and processes
• Compliance with Quality System requirements
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in physics, mechanical engineering, bioengineering, or similar, with a strong interest in cross-functional disciplines
• 8 years of progressive experience working with electrical, mechanical, fluidic or biological systems, 6 years of experience plus a relevant Master's degree, or 3 years of experience plus a relevant PhD degree.
• Demonstrated ability to conceive an idea and build it.
• Demonstrated ability to perform and document laboratory experiments involving hardware, software, biological and consumable systems.
• Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills to understand hardware, software, reagents and consumables issues and to be able to quickly analyze and resolve system interoperability problems
• Demonstrated rigorous process discipline and documentation practices to assure functionality, safety, reliability and quality of the product
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate verbally in an efficient and effective manner and be proficient in document preparation and editing
• Proficiency in the use of MS Excel for data analysis and presentation in graphic formats, Macro generation a plus
• Basic statistics knowledge required
• Working knowledge of design of experiments, interpretation of test results, failure investigation and root cause failure analysis
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE