Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fluidigm Corporation, based in South San Francisco, CA, is a cutting-edge biotechnology company that develops and manufactures complete systems based on its patented microfluidic valve technology. The newly launched Single-Cell AutoPrep System enables our customers to rapidly and reliably isolate, process and profile individual cells for genomic analysis.
Fluidigm Corporation seeks an outstanding individual to join a vibrant interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to develop single cell analysis, sequencing, genotyping, and gene expression products.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to,
- Develop new algorithms, analysis, and assay design pipelines for targeted re-sequencing, methylation, whole genome amplification, and whole transcriptome amplification.
- Interact with collaborators and internal scientists to establish scientific relevance for novel analysis and assay design.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or a related field, including biological sciences, statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- 5+ years working experience in Bioinformatics
- Extensive experience with NGS technologies and sequence analysis tools.
- Understanding and hand-on experience in biostatistics and bioinformatic algorithms.
- Hand-on experience in PCR assay design.
- Good understanding biochemistry, genetics and epi-genetics.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux, Perl, Python, R and/or MySQL.
- Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills, thorough and detail-orientated.
Fluidigm (NASDAQ:FLDM) develops, manufactures and markets microfluidic systems for growth markets in the life sciences and in applied markets such as agricultural biotechnology. Fluidigm’s systems consist of instruments, software, integrated fluidic circuits (IFCs), high-performance assays for gene expression and genotyping, and primers for sample preparation for next-generation sequencing. Fluidigm technology enables customers to perform thousands of sophisticated biochemical measurements in parallel on samples smaller than the content of a single cell, with nanoliter volumes of reagents, in half the area of a credit card. The Company’s integrated customer solutions are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflows, increase throughput and reduce costs while delivering excellent data quality. Fluidigm actively markets nine different commercial chips, a growing line of assays and primers, the BioMark HD™ and EP1™ analytical instrument platforms for gene expression and genotyping, and the Access Array™ system designed to streamline sample preparation costs in targeted DNA resequencing applications.