Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Fluidigm is seeking a bright, enthusiastic Embedded Software Design Engineering with a proven record of bringing successful, commercial systems to the market. In this position, you will work on embedded system projects in the Life Science Instrumentation industry.
Candidate will work closely with the internal design team to determine needs, clarify requirements, and take projects from concept, through design and testing, to completion and product release. To accomplish these tasks, the candidate will develop firmware and VHDL code to deliver the instrument control and system functionality. There will be daily interaction and collaboration with electronic and software engineers to develop code, design and debug electronics and refine instrument performance. As products reach design maturity, the candidate will train and support manufacturing engineers and technicians and release production code through controlled processes.
Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, capable of handling multiple requirements at one time, work well in a team environment with excellent written & verbal communication skills. Must also have a record of delivering new and creative products on a defined schedule.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or the Physical Sciences and 12 years of experience
- Experience in firmware (Embedded Software) development.
- Significant experience in C or C++ programming language.
- Three or more years of experience with microcontrollers, embedded microprocessors, DSPs, etc.
- Capable of using hardware debugging tools (e.g. oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, etc.) to validate design performance
- Experience with microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. SPI, UART, PWM, ADC, etc.)
- Proficient in VHDL/Verilog programming
- Experience with communication protocols (e.g. J1939, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience with communication networks (e.g. CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience with graphics drawing and software packages (e.g., Visio, etc.)
Fluidigm (NASDAQ:FLDM) develops, manufactures and markets microfluidic systems for growth markets in the life sciences and in applied markets such as agricultural biotechnology. Fluidigm’s systems consist of instruments, software, integrated fluidic circuits (IFCs), high-performance assays for gene expression and genotyping, and primers for sample preparation for next-generation sequencing. Fluidigm technology enables customers to perform thousands of sophisticated biochemical measurements in parallel on samples smaller than the content of a single cell, with nanoliter volumes of reagents, in half the area of a credit card. The Company’s integrated customer solutions are designed to significantly simplify experimental workflows, increase throughput and reduce costs while delivering excellent data quality. Fluidigm actively markets nine different commercial chips, a growing line of assays and primers, the BioMark HD™ and EP1™ analytical instrument platforms for gene expression and genotyping, and the Access Array™ system designed to streamline sample preparation costs in targeted DNA resequencing applications.