Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, interpreting and reporting patient results, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures.
- Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
- Prepare reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Review, interpret and report patient results.
- Independently identify and troubleshoot basic problems that adversely affect test performance.
- Supervise unlicensed laboratory personnel.
- May assist with the training of new laboratory personnel.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations.
- Must communicate effectively with coworkers and non-laboratory personnel
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid California CLS license.
- Completion of a CLS training program at an accredited institution or clinical laboratory work experience within the last five years.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Computer skills a must, automation skills preferred.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve basic issues that impact test performance.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to manage daily test processing needs with high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- High volume laboratory experience preferred.
- Training in molecular biology techniques preferred.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE