Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Join the CLIA laboratory that is dedicated to improving healthcare through revolutionary genetic analysis solutions. The rapidly growing Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine is on the forefront of ground-breaking clinical diagnostic tests. Sequenom Center for Molecular Medicine, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, is a CAP accredited and CLIA-certified specialty reference laboratory dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed genetic testing services for prenatal and eye conditions. Headquartered in San Diego, with offices located around the world, we provide the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated scientific leaders while developing and expanding your own career. We know our strength and competitive advantage comes from our people so we strive to maintain a motivated team and an environment that supports diversity, encourages creativity, and most importantly, fosters innovation. Our employees are rewarded with excellent compensation and top-notch benefits. Consider joining the Sequenom CMM team, where you can help make an impact in revolutionizing medical technology.
Due to the recent successful launch of MaterniT21, we are looking to hire additional Laboratory Associates to work in our San Diego CLIA lab. Under supervision of licensed personnel, the Laboratory Associate will assist with routine and specialty clinical testing and provide general support for the laboratory.
• Perform basic molecular processes associated with laboratory tests such as DNA extraction, PCR, and genomic library preparation under the supervision of certified laboratory personnel
• Accession clinical samples and enter data into to the laboratory information system
• Prepare reagents and controls using automated or fixed volume measuring devices
• Maintain inventory of consumable items; unpack, record and store reagents and supplies
• Prepare protocols, logs and other documents for routine or special assignments
• Identify instrument and sample problems and either resolve or elevate them appropriately
• Prepare and organize written data, reports, and other documents for testing equipment, and assist with preventative maintenance
• Assist with multiple routine and specialty assays and phase-in reagents
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
• Minimum 6 months of relevant work experience in a clinical lab setting required
• Experience with molecular biology techniques such as PCR and DNA extraction a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with a Laboratory Information System highly desired
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards determined by the clinical laboratory
• Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and procedures
• Ability to lift objects up to 20 pounds
• Ability to work one of the following shifts:
o Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
o Tuesday-Saturday, 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
To apply, please visit http://www.sequenom.com/Careers/Jobs
3595 John Hopkins Court
San Diego, CA 92121