The Senior Revenue Analyst position is a key member of the revenue team reporting to Associate Director of Revenue. The ideal candidate has an in-depth knowledge of revenue accounting and possesses strong analytical and investigative skills. This role is primarily responsible for analyzing and presenting complex revenue and AR data in a biotech business with a high transactional volume. The Senior Revenue Analyst regularly interacts with the billing and collection party, business intelligence and contract management teams on various AR and revenue-related issues. The position prepares recommendations on proper revenue recognition, revenue estimates and evaluation of allowance for doubtful accounts. In addition, this role is responsible for updates to the revenue recognition matrix of the ERP system and testing the output data. The Senior Revenue Analyst also assists in month and quarter end close, annual and quarterly audits, revenue and write-off analysis.
- Responsible for developing and driving cross-functional revenue process improvements. Works closely with the billing and collection third party, legal and sales operations to ensure compliance with the company's revenue recognition policy and facilitates revenue-related information exchange between departments.
- Participates extensively in the ERP system conversion from Great Plains to SAP by Design by providing transactional & revenue recognition requirements for the system design. Coordinates user testing and acceptance by the revenue group.
- Plays an active role in the monthly close and reporting process assisting with preparation and review of revenue journal entries and account analysis in a multi-currency GL system.
- Reviews healthcare contracts and international partner agreements to determine proper revenue recognition. Stays abreast of contractual changes that impact revenue and suggests changes as appropriate to the current process.
- Manages updates of revenue recognition matrix in the ERP system in line with the Company's revenue recognition policy and accrual committee decisions.
- Translates large amounts of transactional data into useful information using Excel and PowerPoint; makes actionable conclusions and recommendations and follows up with respective teams on AR balances and adjustments, bad debt expense, DSO, etc.
- Assembles complex spreadsheets, utilizing graphs and other analytical tools to illustrate findings and report results. Uses creative approaches to mine data and analyze trends while explaining variances.
- Assists in the assessment of internal controls related to revenue recognition to ensure compliance with Company's policies and SOX requirements.
- Prepares and reviews support for external and internal audits of the revenue cycle and adjustments.
- Strong knowledge and experience in revenue recognition (GAAP, SAB 101, 104)
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data using multiple reports and data sources, draw valid conclusions and effectively present information to peers and managers in a high-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Experience in reviewing complex contractual terms to determine appropriate revenue recognition.
- Organized and thorough with superb attention to detail and desire for continuous improvement. Possesses an understanding of the "big picture."
- Experience in ERP system conversion/implementation desired.
- Familiarity with Great Plains, SAP and Enterprise Reporting a plus.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with graphs, pivot and lookup functions required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Team player - will be required to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams.
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5-7 years of progressive revenue accounting experience, preferably in biotech industry
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Travel Requirements:
- Work Environment:
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE