The Director is responsible for leading the Distribution and Warehousing operations. The position has responsibility for implementing and administering all systems and procedures to control inventories and customer orders, as well as insuring the efficient flow of all materials necessary for production and all support functions. Includes initiating improvements in logistics operation and facilitates strategic outlook that will better serve all stakeholders.
Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for Transportation and Customs Compliance and Management. This position is responsible for inventory control, domestic and international transportation management, distribution analysis and reporting, as well as, capital project management for Warehousing and Distribution. These activities include all personnel recruiting/development and budgeting.
- Initial focus on the development of a Traffic function within the organization to support increased global distribution activities.
- Administers and directs the implementation of departmental policies & procedures in accordance with Government (DEA, cGMP, FDA,) and Company Policies, Procedures, Goals and Objectives.
- Directs the integrity of inventory accuracy for multiple business units handled throughout the supply chain in order to support financial and business strategies and objectives.
- Directs the preparation and administration of the operating and expense budgets, freight expense budgets, and group capital project budgets, in accordance purchasing policies of the company.
- Develops and implements long terms strategies for Customs, DEA, and Transportation compliance.
- Direct the Warehousing and Distribution compliance with all State distribution and warehousing licensing necessary to support customer requirements.
- Directs and administers the selection and performance of freight carriers to maximize the service & security to our domestic and international customers.
- Directs the development of technical training programs to support Warehousing and Distribution operations and ensures that all employees are trained appropriately to perform their job functions in order to maximize their efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years' experience of logistics, materials management, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management with at least 5 years people leadership is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of FDA, DEA, and DOT standards and regulations. Knowledge and application of cGMP and 21 CFR Parts 210 & 211 is highly preferred.
- Experience with QAD MFG/PRO or equivalent ERP system
- Good computer skills to complete warehousing transactions with ability to operate effectively within multiple software applications and multiple inventory systems
- Familiar with the correct handling, storage and disposal of raw materials used in biomedical device, pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment including but not limited to forklift and pallet jack
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as high ethical standards
- Proven business/financial acumen, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, solve complex problems, and drive change at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
- Proven ability to meet deadline in a fast paces changing environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and implement team projects
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE