Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
The Brkanac laboratory invites applications from highly motivated candidates for a postdoctoral position on NIH funded projects aimed at discovery of rare highly penetrant variants responsible for severe neuropsychiatric and neurogenetic disorders such as Autism and Alzheimer disease. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. level degree in life sciences or computer science with some relevant research experience in both areas and at least one first-authored publication in a peer-reviewed journal. The position requires programming skills, knowledge of bioinformatics including analysis of next generation sequencing data and experience in molecular genetics/genomics.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, keen to acquire new knowledge and skills and eager to produce scientific publications.
To inquire please send a CV, a statement of research interest including description of experience in genomics and bioinformatics and contact information of three references to email@example.com.
• Ph.D. in life sciences or computer science with relevant research experience in both areas and at least one first-authored publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
• Strong background in bioinformatics, molecular biology and genomics .
• Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and genomics databases (dbSNP, UCSC) including data uploads. Previous experience with next generation sequencing or GWAS data is essential.
• Experience using Mac and/or UNIX operating systems.
• Proficient in computer programming and one to two years experience with Perl, Python.
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills to record experiment results and analyze data.
• Effective written communication skills to publish results.
• Familiarity with C++.
• Familiar with statistical analysis packages such as R.
• Experience in building analytical pipelines.
University of Washington,