A postdoctoral position is immediately available for those candidates with a Ph.D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, engineering, physics, math or other relevant scientific discipline or equivalent experience who are interested in genetic and epigenetic research. As our laboratory is highly multi-disciplinary, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with both experimental and computational biologists. The candidate must have experience in programming and high-throughput analysis of biological data, as the position involves integration of large-scale data sets, design and implementation of data processing pipelines, and analyses of genomic and epigenomic data.
- A strong quantitative background in math/computer science, with a demonstrated ability to design and implement algorithms in working code.
- An extensive grounding in bioinformatics and genomics, including a thorough understanding of genomic structure, expression control, molecular evolution and comparative genomics.
- Programming experience in a UNIX/Linux environment using programming languages such as Perl or Python, and relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL, as well as proficiency with bioinformatics toolkits such as BioPerl and Bioconductor (within the R statistical programming environment).
- Experience in high-throughput data analysis and familiarity with widely used genomic databases and software.
- Coursework and practical experience in applying statistical and/or data-mining approaches to complex and noisy biological data.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills to take advantage of the highly collaborative environment, adaptability and willingness to contribute to the overall goals of the research.
- A passion for innovation, and demonstrated initiative in tackling new areas of research and in leading a major project
- Self starter, highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit