The Assay Development Scientist will play a critical role in the successful implementation of investigator-initiated screening at the NYU RNAi Core. The candidate will be developing efficient operational models involving assay instrumentation, design, and analysis to streamline the screening workflow for staff and users. Duties include, but are not limited, to: providing technical information and experimental assay design for siRNA screening; data analysis and management; and instrument & project trouble-shooting, and when needed, performing a variety of research experiments related to HTS.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assist the Director of HTS in managing the daily activities of the NYU RNAi Core
• Consult with researchers to develop and configure biological assays for HTS
• Assist with automation of cell-based assays and provide training on instrumentation
• Conduct trouble-shooting and quality control initiatives
• Assist with the development of screening processes for new services and custom opportunities
• Create and troubleshoot screening methods for automated equipment.
• Help maintain laboratory automation and robotics in good working order
• Operate liquid handling robotics and other high-throughput screening equipment as needed
• Help maintain the databases of screening projects and library inventory
• Assist with data preparation for analysis and reporting purposes
• Provide flexible support for other activities in the RNAi Core, including library management, reagent provision, software development, instrument troubleshooting, cell culture, etc.