Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Knome is a cutting-edge life sciences company on the forefront of the genomics revolution. We sequence and interpret human whole genomes for researchers, physicians, and families—pinpointing the genetic variants that influence drug response, cancer, and disease risk.
We are seeking a skilled scientist for internal and external customer bioinformatics support. The incumbent will run our in-house human genome analysis pipeline, as well as custom bioinformatics tools, and deliver the resulting findings to clients. The incumbent will also perform custom analyses, prototype new applications/services and work with Product Development/Research/Sales to improve our software and services.
• BS/MS/PhD in biology, computer science, bioinformatics, genetics or related field
• 2+ years of experience in informatics
• Familiarity with next generation sequencing tools and methodologies
• Experience with Perl, MySQL, Python and/or Java
• Ability to work both independently as well as part of an entrepreneurial team
• Experience with customer support
• Experience in a beta test environment a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities may include:
• Interact with clients to develop and manage project expectations
• Train clients on proprietary software
• Solicit customer feedback and disseminate to product development team
• Analyze sequence data using in-house software and industry-standard tools
• Organize and intelligently present scientific findings
• Manage multiple research projects to ensure timely delivery to clients
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, with opportunities for an equity stake in an early-stage company. This is a full-time job, located in Cambridge, MA.
Knome is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Human Resources Consultant