Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This position is key to driving execution on Affymetrix's product development efforts. Project managers will work within Affymetrix's established phase gate product development process, typically as Core Team Leaders, to drive projects to meet schedule, quality, COGs, product feature, and cost deliverables.
Successful candidates must be capable of working collaboratively with project Core Team members from various functions (particularly Product Marketing and Development leads) to successfully drive new product concepts to market under extremely aggressive timelines in a dynamically evolving technology environment. Many of the applicable programs have complex system integration elements, so comfort with integrated systems is required.
As Core Team Leader, the candidate will be accountable for execution on project timelines and overall program goals from initial concept through successful commercialization.
The Core Team Leader drives general project management including:
• Development of project contract including project schedule and deliverables
• Analysis of project risks and maintenance of project schedule
• Schedule and chair Core Team meetings
• Ensure all aspects of project are covered, assign project deliverables
• Prepare meeting agendas, publish meeting minutes, ensure all required project documentation is generated and archived (including but not limited to project definition, project plans, risk analysis, financial analysis, market analysis, technical documentation, monthly progress reports, presentations, technical reviews, organization readiness reviews, etc.)
• Primary liaison between all teams and departments involved in the product development/delivery process to resolve issues, facilitate tradeoff decisions, and remove obstacles
• Analytical skills, especially the ability to generate alternative solutions and manage risk by identifying criteria for trade-off decisions and helping to facilitate difficult conversations
• Key role in identifying and resolving or escalating resource conflicts/gaps.
• Collaboration with project Core Team Members (particularly Product Marketing and Product Development team leads) to prepare and present phase-based project approval review materials to senior management on Affymetrix's Product Approval Committee (PAC)
Essential Skills and Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.), preferably in a scientific/technical discipline (biology, chemistry, engineering, etc.)
• Direct experience with managing Assay, Reagents projects
• Minimum of 5 years of experience combined between program/project management and product development and commercialization, preferably in a life sciences/biotechnical industry.
• Project management skills experience in successfully managing large and small multi-disciplinary team projects using standard project management tools.
• Knowledge of standard product development cycle (theoretical) and the actual process (practical application).
• Experience with the Core Team Model and as a Core Team member
To apply for this position, please go to: