Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
This position reports to the Senior Director, Tax and is responsible for assisting with tax compliance and fixed asset accounting and reporting. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates initiative, knowledge of US and international tax laws and reporting, and US GAAP rules around capitalization of fixed assets to handle these duties. Success in this position will require a strong attention to detail, problem solving, and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel in a changing environment. This position will interact with the Company's Internal Accounting and Finance team as well as external financial and tax auditors/third-party providers.
- Assist in the tax compliance function, including extensions, estimated payments, federal and state returns, annual reports, property tax returns, Canadian HST/GST and Ireland PSWT.
- Maintain the tax calendar and payment schedules.
- Organization and filing of tax and tax related documents.
- Maintain tax fixed asset books in Sage FAS.
- Prepare tax related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of the quarterly tax provision.
- Resolve and respond to tax notices as appropriate.
- Assist in the implementation of tax reporting, compliance, and accounting policies.
- Participate in tax process optimization.
- Assist in ad hoc projects.
FIXED ASSET RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare the monthly fixed asset accounting in Sage FAS:
- Process capital requisitions: additions, disposals, retirements, transfers and adjustments.
- Maintain and process monthly depreciation.
- Prepare journal entries and fixed asset roll forward reconciliations.
- Conduct periodic physical inventory count of fixed assets.
- Maintain and ensure records are in compliance with the Company's Capital and Fixed Asset Policy.
- Bachelor's degree in tax or accounting.
- 3-5 years of combined tax and accounting experience including 2+ years of relevant tax experience in public accounting and/or a corporate tax department.
- CPA and/or MST preferred.
- Ability to work independent and collaboratively to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or SAP, Sage FAS Fixed Assets and Checkpoint a plus.
- Detail oriented and willingness to roll up sleeves.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE