RaNA Therapeutics is an energetic, rapidly growing early stage biotechnology company in Cambridge, MA founded by leading scientists from industry and Massachusetts General Hospital. RaNA’s mission is to discover and develop drugs to improve health for patients by modulating disease-associated epigenetic patterns, thereby restoring normal expression of individual targeted genes.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Senior Research Associate or Research Scientist to join our Target Discovery and Mechanism group. Reporting to a Senior Scientist, this position will be responsible for implementing RNA screening assays and undertaking mechanism of action studies to support corporate goals.
• The candidate must have a BS/MS degree in biology, biochemistry or related area with minimum of five years of research experience, or PhD in biological sciences or related field with a solid understanding and demonstrated achievements in epigenetics and chromatin/ncRNA biology.
• Strong experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques, including in vitro and in vivo systems, RT-PCR, next generation sequencing, ELISA, RNAi approaches, tissue handling, cell culture, RNA immunoprecipitation and western/northern blots.
• Bioinformatics and/or mass spectrometry experience is a strong plus.
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical assays, instruments and protocols.
• Ability to multitask and work independently and collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team in a matrix environment with 15-20 scientists. Excellent organizational and time management skills, the ability to generate high quality data under tight deadlines.
• Ability to interact well across the organization and with external collaborators.
• Candidates must live in the Greater Boston area.
RaNA Therapeutics is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work for RaNA in the U.S. RaNA employee benefits package include health/dental insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, and more.