Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
We are currently seeking a post-doctoral molecular biologist with experience in Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms to join our Melbourne team for a 12-month fixed-term contract.
In this varied role, you will take responsibility for method and process development, to help enhance current services offered by the Melbourne laboratory, particularly NGS platforms including HiSeq, MiSeq and IonTorrent.
You will investigate new techniques on existing platforms as well as identifying and trialling new processes and consumables. You will work closely with our service managers and their teams to deploy new techniques and platforms and take these through to an agreed outcome for investigative purposes.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• A PhD in molecular biology or extensive equivalent experience
• Experience with NGS protocols and automated sequencers
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of issues important for genetic analyses from a wide range of biological samples and the ability to provide practical solutions
• Ability to initiate, undertake and accurately report scientific validation of developed processes
• An understanding of NATA-standard laboratory service environments
• The ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team
AGRF is Australia's largest provider of genomics services and solutions. We have laboratories in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, each providing a gateway to a national network of state-of-the-art facilities, technology and expertise.
We provide a full range of services to academia and industry with clients from bioscience, environmental science, biomedicine and agricultural biotechnology.
Our services range from small to large-scale DNA sequencing, genotyping/SNP analysis, gene expression studies, nucleic acid extractions and associated bioinformatics analysis.