As a Technical Writer in the Software Development organization you will be responsible for designing, creating, maintaining, and updating technical documentation including online help, white papers, user manuals, quick reference cards and release notes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess project requirements and impacts based on technical data and user requirements.
• Work as a team member on a large project or alone on a small project, if necessary.
• Uses a variety of research techniques to gather and test information. Interacts with internal subject matter experts such as Business Analysts, QA Analysts, Developers, Trainers, and Client Service Analysts. Elicits responses and feedback from reviewers and editors for documentation and makes revisions accordingly.
• Demonstrates current knowledge of desktop publishing and other software applications as well as online help development tools to product documentation. Assists in testing new tools for the department.
• Writes clear and accurate ADP documentation using a concise writing style that addresses the intended audience. Writing requires editing for content, department style, and format.
• Provide estimates for tasks.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory guidelines. Interface with internal and external regulatory compliance groups for project audits, both pre- and post-product launch.
• Keep supervisor and other management, as appropriate, up to date about the project status and flag any key issues in a timely manner.
o Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
o Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
o Strong analysis skills.
o Ability to understand and document complex technical material.
o Ability to work on multiple projects and delivery prjoects simultaneously.
o Work on standalone projects or part of a team with little direct supervision.
Affymetrix (AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. Affymetrix technology is used by the world's top pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and nonprofit research institutes. The vision, innovation, and devotion of Affymetrix employees help us empower scientists around the world to alleviate human suffering. It is not just the sheer power of our technology that inspires us; it is the potential for it to help people.
Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. We are an employer committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our employees and offer our employees a comprehensive, competitive program of benefits and a corporate culture based on core values of daring, passionate and platinum.
***Affymetrix is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected status. Our commitment to a diverse workforce is demonstrated through all aspects of our hiring and employment practices. ***