Join an enterprising team providing statistical and bioinformatic expertise supporting next generation microarray products. The successful candidate will report to the Expression Business Unit Analysis Team and work closely with the Global Product Support team. This exciting opportunity allows for interesting and varied work across all our product lines and interact with customers who are trying to solve complex problems in genomics and transcriptomics.
The candidate should have a strong background in data analysis and application of statistical methods. The position requires a Ph.D. in one of the following, bioinformatics, statistics, genetics, computational biology, mathematics or a related field, with applied experience analyzing microarray data and troubleshooting problems. Candidates lacking a PhD who have 3 or more years of relevant bioinformatics experience wil l also be considered. The candidate should have programming skills in a scripting language such as Perl or Python and have experience with R. Additionally, the candidate should be able to demonstrate experience with handling large datasets and be proficient with both UNIX (Linux) and Windows environments. The successful candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Mathematics/Bioinformatics/Computer Science
• Proven practical experience in analysis of high-volume genomic data.
• Applied experience analyzing microarray data
• High degree of proficiency with Unix, Windows
• Programming skills with Perl or Python, R/BioConductor/ S-Plus/Matlab
• Ability to work as part of a high-functioning multi-disciplinary team.
• Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and multi-task well.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of challenging problems.
• Peer reviewed publications record.
• Experience with other genomics tools and technologies.
• In-depth experience with sequence analysis software.
Affymetrix (AFFX) is a pioneer in creating breakthrough tools that are driving the genomic revolution. Affymetrix technology is used by the world's top pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as leading academic, government, and nonprofit research institutes. The vision, innovation, and devotion of Affymetrix employees help us empower scientists around the world to alleviate human suffering. It is not just the sheer power of our technology that inspires us; it is the potential for it to help people.
Our employees create a highly energized, team-oriented work environment. We are an employer committed to supporting the aspirations and achievements of our employees and offer our employees a comprehensive, competitive program of benefits and a corporate culture based on core values of daring, passionate and platinum.
***Affymetrix is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, veteran status, disability or other protected status. Our commitment to a diverse workforce is demonstrated through all aspects of our hiring and employment practices. ***