Life Technologies has an opportunity for a Qualified Bioinformatician to work in conjunction with the Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics at Oxford University. The position will be based on site in Oxford. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast-paced global Life Sciences organization with the opportunity to work on cutting edge next generation sequencing technologies.
This is a unique opportunity suited for a qualified bioinformatician to work on a new software product applying the Ion Torrent semiconductor sequencing platform to cancer genomics. This project aims to develop a next generation sequencing test to replace the more expensive methods currently in use.
In this role, you will work directly with the partner, Oxford University, being part of a small team from Life Technologies that resides at the partner site. You will be responsible for liaising the partner with internal development teams to resolve issues related to data analysis, including issues with software and the relevant computing environment. You may also develop tools for next generation sequence analysis, and perform custom data analysis. Working with scientists at Oxford and Life Technologies, you will identify and prioritize opportunities and methods to improve the analysis methods and software.
· Work closely with the partner to solve their bioinformatics challenges, which may include troubleshooting, problem-solving, scripting work to resolve issues
· Coordinate the support from the Life Technologies development team to resolve issues at the partner site
· Gather feedback from partners to help the product management team prioritize requirements for future hardware and software development
· Create training materials, protocols, and applications notes on data analysis
· Analyze sequencing data, design analysis strategies, tools and algorithms
· Participate in software testing of pre-release software