As a Scientist at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in the leading edge of research. You will be a key contributor to integrated and multidisciplinary teams developing new, and improving existing technology platforms. You will plan, initiate, and execute scientific research and/or critical development strategies for Illumina through the research staff and/or individual studies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Research and develop to create new products. Identify, plan, evaluate, pursue and manage research ideas leading to large-scale, highly-multiplexed products for bio-molecule quantification based on Illumina’s proprietary technologies.
• Perform a wide range of chemistry functions, including novel materials design, characterization and modification, polymerization and polymer characterization, small molecule synthesis, oligonucleotide and peptide synthesis, and bio-conjugation and modification of bio-molecules.
• Participate in multi disciplinarily genomics- or proteomics-based projects interacting with engineers, programmers, project coordinators, and other researchers.
• Investigate the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. Troubleshoot and improve existing processes and/or chemistries to establish robust and reproducible product or process performance.
• Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current limitations.
• Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through pipeline.
• Work independently and within teams. Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings. Present status updates to Senior Management, including recommendations based on experimental results.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer