Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As a Scientist at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help in the development of molecular diagnostic products. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to create cutting edge and robust new products and assays for the next generation sequencing platforms offered by Illumina. These products, assays and processes abide to special quality as well as regulatory guidelines.
• Develop new Molecular diagnostic products in fast-paced product development environment. Identify, evaluate, plan experimental details leading to new robust assays for DNA and RNA based on Illumina’s proprietary technologies.
• Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current limitations.
• Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through pipeline.
• Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
• Follow product development procedures , regulatory guidelines for Diagnostics and FDA IVD guidelines.
• Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member. Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues (cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer
Education and Experience:
• Ph. D. in the biological sciences/genomics with greater than 5+ years of industrial experience.
• 3 or more years’ experience in commercial product development. Preferably in the molecular diagnostics domain.
• Strong background in genetics, genomics, biochemistry and enzymology and a sound understanding of genetic assay development required.
• Experience with next-generation sequencing desired.
• Knowledge of FDA and regulatory guidelines would be a plus.
• Experience with molecular diagnostics product development procedures.
• Must be detail oriented and highly motivated.
Please apply online: