Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
As an Associate Scientist at Epicentre – An Illumina Company, you will participate in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to design and develop innovative tools for genetic analysis. The successful candidate will execute and interpret molecular biology experiments as well as support the development and commercialization of products with significant commercial potential.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform experiments, acquire and analyze data, and troubleshoot and resolve complex technical challenges.
• Present experimental data and analysis to project teams to demonstrate feasibility of new methods, assess project progress and set technical goals.
• Develop and optimize methods with commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
• Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member.
• Conduct clear and concise communication with cross-functional colleagues and supervisors through oral updates, written reports, and technical meetings.
• Other duties determined by the management team.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Education and Experience:
• MS in the biological sciences with 0-3+ year’s experience or a BS with 3-5 years experience in product development.
• Demonstrate technical proficiency and strong method development experience in biochemistry, molecular biology or sequencing applications.
• Excellent understanding of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis.
• Must be innovative, detail oriented, organized, efficient and goal-driven
• Advanced critical thinking skills for in-depth evaluation/troubleshooting of data to draw sound conclusions and plan next steps.
• Independent and proactive yet enjoys collaborative problem solving.
• Excellent communication, documentation and time management skills required.
• A desire to be a part of a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Please apply online: