As a Principal Engineer at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in the leading edge of research. You will participate in the development of high quality, robust products by taking the company into new technological directions through a systems approach.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Sets technology strategies to innovate in new directions.
• At the program and platform level, define, design, develop, test, and validate new and/or current systems including both software and hardware, leading and mentoring others in these processes.
• Identifies new technologies and leads technical execution.
• Present development recommendations to Sr Management.
• Aligns research with company product portfolio strategy.
• Speaks at conferences on technical subject matter.
• Leads corporate technical and/or product portfolio strategy in key areas aligned with and setting corporate product portfolio strategy.
• May set technical direction for industry.
• Interacts with Executive team during program and strategic planning meetings.
• Reviews and validates system requirements, design, and test documentation.
• Supervises and assigns development, test and project work to lower level engineers and scientists.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer