As a Scientist II at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in the leading edge of research. You will work with multi-disciplinary teams to create cutting edge and robust new products and assays for the next generation sequencing platforms offered by Illumina. You will participate in the development of high-throughput assays and processes, optimize assays biochemistry and summarize progress.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop new products in fast-paced product development environment. Identify, evaluate, plan, and optimize research ideas leading to new robust assays and chemistries for next generation sequencing based on Illumina’s proprietary technologies.
• Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current limitations.
• Identify new opportunities for innovative products using the company’s core technologies.
• Design, implement, analyze and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods and efficiently move products through pipeline.
• Optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
• Create scalable infrastructure to support release of developed products.
• Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member. Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues (cross-functional) and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer