Working as part of the global Consumables Product Development team you will focus on the design, development and testing of cutting edge genomic analysis solutions within a structured product development process. Your efforts will be concentrated on the timely development of Next Generation Sequencing biochemistries to ensure industry-leading performance and ease-of-use as well as commercial levels of robustness. The role requires significant technical expertise, proven ability to lead and motivate a small team of product development scientists and experience with taking products from concept to commercialization. You will need to possess excellent skills in the design and timely execution of experimental work, and in providing sophisticated interpretations of large and complex datasets. Strong communication skills are essential as the role will require you to work as part of multi-site and interdisciplinary project teams, and to collaborate effectively within a matrix organization.
• Participate in and lead development projects using a product development process.
Explore new technologies and identify creative solutions to overcome current process and assay limitations
• Exercise independent judgment in developing products, processes and performance evaluation criteria.
Oversee and/or execute the design, implementation, analysis and reporting of experiments for feasibility, optimization and verification/validation studies.
• Solve challenging development problems independently and quickly.
• Build strong working relationships across functional groups and at multiple Illumina R&D sites.
• Responsible for the management and professional development of a small team of development scientist.
• Optimize assay and process conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability and performance
• Collaborate with quality control group to develop quality control tools, methods and metrics.
• Other duties determined by the management team.
Equal Opportunity Employer