The Receptionist is often the visitor's first impression of the company. As such, this person must present a courteous, pleasant, and professional appearance and demeanor while providing daily front desk coverage from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. The Receptionist must be able to communicate effectively, respond to inquiries, and cope with potentially sensitive and/or emergency situations.
The ideal candidate will create a positive welcoming environment for Cepheid employees, clients and guests while maintaining a high level of professionalism at a busy front desk area. The Receptionist will assist with administrative support. The Receptionist will also operate a multiple-line telephone system and must be able to answer a high volume of phone calls and direct those calls in an efficient, accurate and professional manner. This is a temporary position with an estimated duration of 4 months.
Numerous clerical support functions are also part of the Receptionist position.
The person must be able to accurately perform the following list of tasks:
- Sort and deliver mail
- Order office supplies
- Manage kitchen supplies
- Help maintain high level of security
- Maintain the cleanliness and professional appearance of the lobby, conference rooms and kitchen facility
- Maintain the common copy and print areas
- Accurately create and maintain physical and electronic files
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- 2+ years professional receptionist experience with busy multi-line phones in a corporate environment
- A background in Security, Facilities and/or Customer Service is highly desirable
- Previous experience with PBX switchboard strongly preferred
- Reliable, consistent, punctual and outgoing professional
- Professional appearance with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills, strong customer service skills and a professional phone presence
- Must have superb organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task, complete assignments and projects with frequent interruptions
- Intermediate skills with basic office software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Willingness to take on new projects
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE