The Genome Sciences Centre is seeking a Post-doctoral Fellow to conduct scientific research in the areas of bioinformatics and genomics, specifically related to biological sequence analysis and annotation in cancer research.
The successful applicant will work with bioinformaticians and research scientists in a team environment. Programming experience with scripting and high-level languages is required. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to remain organized in a fast-paced and dynamic environment are also essential. Demonstrated expertise in analysis of next-generation sequence data analysis is desired. Additionally, familiarity with statistical analysis of large datasets is required.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Diagnostics Genomics or designate, your typical duties will include the following:
* Participation in genomic analyses within a high throughput sequencing facility
* Maintenance, improvement, development and documentation of analysis software and databases
* Analysis and annotation of data from genome, transcriptome, and exome sequencing projects
* Reporting research methods and results in meetings and seminars
* Contribution to scientific publications
The ideal candidate should possess a PhD degree and recent proven experience in bioinformatics or computational biology. A strong publication record in the field of bioinformatics is highly desirable.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.