• Development of software pipelines for analyzing next-generation sequencing data
• Development of databases for tracking of patient samples, and preparation of reports for Clinical staff and physicians
• Quality-assurance testing for clinical pipelines
• Support of research staff by providing analysis and software tools
• Contributions to the writing of research publications
• Graduation from a recognized Bachelor of Science Program in Biological Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science.
• Two (2) year’s of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the GSC Group Leaders
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience working in a Unix environment, including experience with shell scripting and common command-line tools
• Expertise in one or more scripting language(s) (e.g. Python or Perl)
• Familiarity with the development and maintenance of relational databases
• Experience working with next-generation sequencing data and tools (i.e. tools for alignment and variant-calling)
• Experience with statistical software, software testing, and cluster computing would also be assets
• Familiarity with cancer genetics would be an asset, as would a history of publications in relevant fields
The successful candidate will also have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize work assignments and establish priorities.