Sponsor: Rubicon Genomics
Recording Date: 2/19/2014
Recording Time: 1 hour
Unique opportunity at Eureka Genomics for an experienced Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to join the growing high achieving sales team in a rapidly expanding market. This role will have two functions:
1) Provide customers with quotes based on technical analysis of Library Preparation, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Bioinformatics services and the creative solutions to customers needs
2) Ability to work in the lab and implement the creative solutions designed to meet customer’s needs
This is an exciting opportunity for successful sales and technical drivers to join a fast paced Life Sciences organization.
As the Eureka Genomics Sales Specialist you will work with our sales team to identify, lead and drive the sales process for library preparation, NGS and bioinformatics services and the expansion of these services
• Comprehend and utilize product features, benefits and applications accompanied with selling and business building and wet lab skills to successfully promote the sale of Eureka Genomics’ library preparation, NGS and bioinformatics products & services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
Drive the services that Eureka Genomics sells.
• Be responsible for technically positioning the solutions vs. competitive products to efficiently achieve the sales quota.
• Provide recommendations on opportunities for new strategies and programs.
• Perform the wet lab work required for the implementation of the creative solutions designed to meet the customer’s needs.
• BA in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field (or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience).
• A MS or PhD in the life sciences is preferred.
• Two+ years lab experience in Microbiology OR Cell and Molecular Biology OR Next Generation Sequencing OR Biotechnology OR Biochemistry OR Genetics.
• Three+ years selling experience (Molecular biology reagents and services a plus). Strong presence and established track record in technical sales.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks in a time sensitive manner.
• Capable of working in an environment where new ideas and technologies are constantly being evaluated and new processes are being implemented.
• Experience with NGS data generation.
Didier G. Perez
Eureka Genomics is a leader in advanced bioinformatics analysis of next-generation sequencing data,
which it applies to the discovery and the development of molecular diagnostics, and low-density marker assays. EG leverages its proprietary algorithms and biological problem-solving expertise and provides collaborative, cost-effective high quality sequencing and analysis services to a broad range of university, government and industry researchers worldwide.